Parquet is one of the most stylish flooring. It creates a feeling of comfort, stability and prosperity, fits well with the interior and can give the most dreary room a pleasant look. Of course, to put it, you have to spend a lot of effort, but the result will definitely be worth it.
How to make piece parquet?
Piece parquet is one of the most common types of parquet. It is in the middle price range, allows a variety of ways of laying and differs from all other designs. He has:
- grooves that are on the sides of each plate;
- spikes that are made to fit perfectly with the slots.
As a result, laying parquet noticeably easier, and the floor is much stronger. However, not only form is important for durability and reliability, but also the manufacturing process - it must be carried out in strict accordance with the standards.
There is an extensive classification in which the types of parquet are laid. They are divided into three large categories.
The first category differs according to which tree was used. Different wood has different characteristics: hardness, resistance to moisture or pests, beauty. There are:
- Walnut parquet is a parquet of relatively hard wood with predominantly grayish and dark brown tones with black veins. Over time, it only becomes brighter, differs in a weak pearl shimmer. Looks great on the contrast with the bright interiors.
- Oak parquet is made of solid, solid wood. They are found in very many variants: the color of oak parquet can be from light brown to yellow-red, cast in pale pink or delicate yellow. The bog oak has a rich, deep purple color. One of the most expensive, but also the most luxurious options.
- Birch parquet is a parquet of relatively soft wood, ranging in color from milky-white to light yellow. Birch is not different pronounced annual rings, because not too bold. It is sensitive to humidity, therefore it often needs additional processing.
- Ash parquet is made of dense (even thicker than oak) hardwood of golden color. Resistant to rot, moisture and pests. Great for rooms in which a lot of space and light.
- Piece parquet made of beech - parquet flooring from durable, but whimsical wood. Beech requires careful processing, has a rich red or yellow color. Relatively cheap and at the same time very popular.
- Maple parquet flooring - lightweight solid wood flooring, dried over a long period. Maple does not tolerate express drying, while it is distinguished by its great strength and consistent color change - over the years, from an almost white floor to turn into a dark golden one.
The second category shows how much of the trunk was sawn into parquet.
- Radial sawing is done so that the annual rings are perpendicular to the bar. As a result, the fibers run longitudinally, arranged in narrow lines. Such parquet floors are most often used as artistic parquet - there are no details in them that could interfere with the perception of the pattern.
- The tangential cut is made in such a way that the parquet floor goes tangentially to the finished rings. As a result, the natural wood pattern remains noticeable - the lines are wavy. In Russia, it is usually laid just such a parquet - it is cheaper, but it looks no worse than the radial one.
- Mixed cut is done so that the fiber lines are bent, then go straight. It is impossible to use such parquet for artistic parquet, but in themselves they look quite stylish.
The third category shows a specific die pattern.
- The radial is the most uniform and uniform variants, with a color difference of no more than half a tone. Only rare knots on the front side are allowed.
- Select - parquet is not only homogeneous, but also devoid of any mechanical flaws, including knots. Piece parquet - ash, oak or beech - this type is sold at the highest prices.
- Natures - without color drops, with very small knots. Sapwood is allowed (areas of young wood slightly different from the others), but not damaged.
- Rustic - mechanical damage, large knots, even cracks (but no longer than 5 mm) are allowed. Such parquet - ash, oak, cherry or aspen - is the cheapest.
To choose a parquet you need to be guided in such nuances and to measure your monetary possibilities with the quality of the chosen parquet.
Choosing piece parquet, which is supposed to be laid in the house, you need to pay attention to many factors.
The parquet laid in hermetic polyethylene is not sensitive to temperature changes and does not suffer from moisture. If the packaging is torn, it means that the cargo was damaged during transportation and the parquet could suffer.
On the packaging indicates how the parquet was dried, but can not be insured against fraud. Therefore, you should turn the packaging and look at the grooves on the underside of the parquet that are designed to relieve tension. If there are cracks in them, it means that the technology has been broken and to lay this parquet - to subscribe to trouble.
The length should not be more than 7 cm, width more than 5, otherwise the parquet will look inaccurate. If you take smaller parquet flooring, the floor will not be reliable enough. The exception is artistic parquet, which can be complex, designer and not to obey the rules.
When parquet is selected, it is time to move on to the next stage. This is the laying of piece parquet, which is even harder to choose.
Ways of laying parquet are numerous, but they all require the same pedantic approach, in which you need to finish all the repairs, reduce the humidity in the room, set the temperature evenly and then start laying.