Someone likes the classic bathroom without any innovations. Someone more like exactly innovations. For example, a bathroom with a shower. Many modern bathrooms are now equipped with beautiful showers. What is the best way to do this, what options can there be, what are the secrets and wisdom of interior design of a bathroom? This will be discussed in this article.
More about shower
It is clear that before you think closely about installing a shower in the bathroom, you should know what a shower cabin is. In general, a shower cabin is a small room with a shower installed in it. The frame, walls, tray, roof, door, shower head - these are the main components of the shower cabin.
All shower cabins for the bathroom are divided into two types, which should be described in more detail:
- Prefabricated showers. Such cabins do not have a roof and rear walls. In addition to these, it is also necessary to purchase a rack and a watering can: that is, besides the pallet and the door, there is nothing more for such cabins in the kit. This cabin is installed right next to the walls of the bathroom, the door is also attached to the walls of the bathroom, and the stand with a watering can is attached to them. In addition to the disadvantages in comparison with a full-fledged cabin, this “undercounter” has, nevertheless, its advantages: it is easier to fit into the interior.
- Cabin monoblock. It is a solid cabin with a ceiling, walls and a door, which, having mounted, can be installed in any place. The cabin is equipped with a shelf and a mirror. The most sophisticated models can be backlit and radio. These are pluses, but there are also minuses here. Such a cabin is quite difficult to install, as it is sold in a disassembled form.
It is quite clear that, besides everything, the cost of a monoblock booth is significantly higher than a modular booth.
A bathroom is the very room where a person begins and ends each day of his life. For this reason, how the bathroom looks like depends largely on the mood with which a person begins every day and in what mood he completes it.
Designers have prepared all sorts of tempting recommendations regarding the design of bathrooms with showers.
Design interiors largely depend on a variety of reasons: on the overall size of the room, on the location of the cabin itself (bathroom with shower, cabin located in the center of the room, etc.), on the type of shower cabin, on the fantasies and wishes of the owners and much more. And yet, despite all these reasons, there are styles that can be applied almost everywhere:
- Urban style. Urban and modern style with all the colors and attributes inherent in city life are emphasized. Bright, flashy colors are hardly suitable for this style, but colors of calm tones will look good.
- Minimalism. This style does not imply any particularly bright colors and accents. In this case, everything should be decorated with an underlined simplicity and even with some severity.
- Great, regardless of style, will look in the shower wall, as well as doors made of glass. Even better, if at the same time the walls and doors will be with a light white coating.
- A great design solution is to place the cabin in a special niche. Unless, of course, such a niche in the bathroom at all possible.
In general, there are no excessively strict requirements for the design of bathrooms with shower cabins. Everything, again, depends on the size of the premises, the wishes of the owners and their financial viability.
Design of a small bathroom with shower
A small bathroom with a shower is always an easy task for a designer. The bathroom in the Khrushchev is usually very small, so a small shower is the best place for you. It is necessary to take its selection with all seriousness - otherwise such a cabin may not fit in the bathroom.
In this case, the angular version of the shower may be best. As a result, square centimeters will be saved, which are so few in small bathrooms. In terms of design, a small shower is also quite a good solution. It occupies a place in the corner, thus giving the designer completeness to the whole room as a whole and not allowing any trash to accumulate in the corner.
However, in a small bathroom you can also place a rectangular or square booth, but only if there is a prepared niche for this. In any case, here it is necessary to install booths with "compartment" doors. Cabins of a different type, swinging open, will occupy a place that is already lacking. If there is still no space to install a full-fledged cabin, then in this case you can install a special shower corner. Sometimes a shower in a small bathroom may be the only solution.
For finishing the bathroom, after it installed the shower cabin, you can use a variety of materials:
- Most often for these purposes is used ceramic tiles.
- Recently, the walls in the bathroom trimmed with plastic panels. They are cheaper than ceramics, they are easier to install, with proper installation, they successfully resist moisture.
- The surface of the bathroom floor is also important. The floor can be covered with ceramics, it can be covered with laminate, and you can make self-leveling floors.
- The ceiling in the bathroom can be trimmed in different ways: plastic panels, tiles, it can also be painted with drawing or without any drawings, it can be stretched, etc. There are many options.
The choice of finishing materials for the shower remains a difficult task during the renovation of the bathroom. It is important that they are not only modern and stylish, but also perfectly cope with the difficult conditions of the room.